What is Low Code Application Development and Who is it for?
As the business sector is rapidly progressing. With this swift progress, there is a need for speed to drive the businesses that are newly emerging or to keep with the progressing society. But coding, in itself, is a process that can often slow down the functioning of several businesses.
This is where low code development comes in.
In simple terms, low-code development is the use of certain innovative techniques that help to acquire speed in the business by minimizing the process of writing code. With low-code development, one can make use of various visual tools to increase efficiency and maintain several significant business websites and apps.
The applicability and efficacy of low-code development make it a possibly huge success in the future. Several eminent business enthusiasts believe to witness the use of low-code development in almost 65% of the several big and small businesses by the end of 2024.
As the saying goes, Innovation is power. With the advent of technology, innovation has become an important part of several functioning corporations, educational institutions and other important sectors of human life. It is what drives creativity in individuals and empowers them to work towards specific goals that they want to achieve.
Coding is an important part of any vital business. Generally speaking, coding refers to the process of instructing a computer to come up with specific outputs. Coding is what helps to bind the basic information of a business together, helping with business management software, infrastructure management systems and so on. The popularity and innovative power of coding have also led it to be included as a subject of study right from the school level.
The Low-Code Development Platforms
Generally speaking, low-code development platforms involve a collection of tools that aid in the process of low-code development. The low-code development platforms mostly consist of visual tools that make the development and delivery of such approaches faster and easier.
Here is a gist of what most low-code development platforms consist of.
- Visual IDE: Almost all low-code development platforms consist of a visual Integrated Development Environment. This visual IDE helps to define the data models, UIs and the workflow of applications. The visual IDE also helps to add code as and where necessary.
- Connectors: Connectors usually help to establish a route between various back-end systems and other such services. These automated connectors are capable of handling, storing, modifying and retrieving data.
- Application Lifecycle Manager: As the name suggests, it is the management of data. It refers to all the tools and techniques that have been used since the conception of the idea and until the results of any particular software.
Who can benefit from the Low-Code Guide?
Low-Code Development makes use of several visual tools like drag-and-drop pointers, smart services, pre-built connectors, etc., to reduce the weight of having to write codes. This means that low-code development, or no-code development, negates the need to be apt in coding and can be used even by people who do not know to code whatsoever. This makes it possible for anyone and everyone to learn and work on low-code development approaches easier.
The introduction of low-code development in an organization can lead to several manifold benefits in the organization. Here are some examples of how the low-code guide can benefit several sectors.
- Increased Productivity: As mentioned above, most businesses, more specifically the start-ups often end up slacking when it comes to coding or back-end development. With the low-code guide, several processes regarding the storage or modification of data can easily be automated. This helps to boost productivity and thus, increase the speed of getting work done.
- Create Applications Faster: The creation of applications has coding as its backbone, apart from the initial tenuous task of idea generation. Several app-making companies do well in the idea bit but get slowed down in the coding part. Low-code development makes use of visual tools and thus, works comparatively faster, making the overall task of app development faster.
- Easy Integration Opportunities: The use of low-code development platforms eases the process of integration. Several low-code development platforms also offer direct integration with some major vendors or consumers. It empowers the developers to be quick enough to respond to the various constant or ever-changing needs of the consumers.
- Reduced Need of IT: The IT guys are hailed as some of the most important employees in an office, mostly owing to their technical intelligence. But, most of the time the IT people seldom reach in time to solve crucial problems. And as a result, work takes a setback. This issue is solved through low-code development, as it can effortlessly be managed even without the IT guys.
Thus, low-code surely seems to be making work a lot easier. But do we see low-code having a possibly successful future in the years to come? Most probably, yes!
The 21st century is mostly driven by technology. The rapid surge in the usage and credibility of technology has led to digitalisation in several important sectors of an economy, including banking and education. Likewise, business too, makes up for an important part of the economy, given that it fulfils most of the consumer needs. A benefit in business is a benefit for the consumers as well, which leads to a benefit in the overall economy of the country. If most of this advantage is driven by low-code development, then it is possible here to stay.