Qualification: BE/B.Tech or MCA or equivalent
Certifications: VMWARE, AWS, Azure, OCI, ITIL, CCSK, CISSP, or similar
Experience : 5+ years of experience in operating vendor specific environments (e.g. VMWARE,AZURE)
and exposure to company’s traditional infrastructure and network footprint.
Key Skill : ▪ Expertise in Infrastructure as Code (e.g., Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
▪ Experience with configuring, deploying and operating public cloud services
(e.g., Azure, AWS, GCP)
▪ Familiarity with network features (e.g., network topology, BGP, routing, web
▪ High availability engineering experience (region, availability zone, data
▪ Awareness in open-source tools & scripting language (e.g., Python,
▪ Understanding of software development lifecycles, cloud economics and
security implications of public and private cloud infra design
▪ Strong strategic thinking and communication skills
▪ Excited about trying new Cloud solutions and services
▪ Embrace a culture of trust and complete transparency
Key Job Description: A Cloud Specialist focuses on enabling and automating the deployment of Cloud infrastructure and services to support application development and hosting (incl. architecting, engineering, deploying, and operationally managing the underlying logical and physical Cloud computing infrastructure)
Key Performance Indicators : ▪ Define strategy and standards (e.g., select cloud vendor products)
for Cloud infrastructure in coordination with traditional engineering and
▪ Improve Cloud product reliability, availability, maintainability &
cost/benefit– incl. developing fault-tolerant tools to ensure general
robustness of the cloud infrastructure
▪ Manage capacity across public, hybrid and private Cloud resource
pools– incl. automating scale down/up of environments
▪ Support Cloud developers in optimizing and automating cloud
engineering activities – e.g., real time migration, provisioning and
▪ Provide inputs to IT financial management for Cloud – on costs
associated with capacity build-out, forecast for cloud IT investment/
VMware Engineer Responsibilities:
Determining business needs and evaluating existing network infrastructure and systems.
Optimizing network hardware and software to enable VMware integration.
Developing and deploying customized VMware solutions.
Defining multiple virtual servers on a single host machine.
Virtualizing Windows servers and connecting them to networks and clouds.
Designing and implementing virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and enabling template management.
Installing operating systems and service packs, as well as security patches and bug fixes.
Troubleshooting and resolving VMware environment issues.
Providing technical support and documenting VMware processes.
Keeping informed of developments in VMware technologies and products.
BE/B. Tech. or MCA or equivalent.