Role: Data Architect
Qualification: BE/B.Tech. or MCA or equivalent.
Years of Experience: 10+ Years
Description: A Data Architect analyzes, plans and defines data architecture frameworks for the organization. This role defines the policies, procedures, models and technologies to be used in collecting, organizing, storing and accessing the information. The Data architect also plans and deploys roadmap for migration to target data architecture.
Key Skills: A proven track record of setting up massively scalable, always-on, multiregion data systems
– Expertise in relational databases and NoSQL data storage technologies like Oracle, SQL server, Azure SQL, MongoDB, etc.
– Strong knowledge of DWH technologies etc., Netezza, including its architecture and optimization
– Expertise in data modelling, design and data visualization skills
– Data management and migration skills
– Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
– Responsibility for the assurance of data solutions
– Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
Key Performance Indicators: Assess current state of databases and data models. Define the target enterprise data architecture and migration plan. Define and manage a common data domain taxonomy consisting of data domains, specific data types within each domain and official sources of data. Approve architectural changes to improve data quality. Drive value capture through remediation of official data sources and decommissioning of unofficial data repositories. Ensure new data initiatives and related projects are aligned to organization-wide target data architecture, including review and approval of key design documents. Define/review technical data standards and approve exceptions to standards. Determine enterprise-wide strategy for data security, access and provisioning